upgrading from SFLO2 to Cowon J3
Jun 3, 2011 at 11:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

blueyan

Head-Fier
I got my s:flo2 on Feburary and I'm very happy how it sounds . After using it for 1 month , I'm really frustrated with its UI, quite sluggish, perhaps I already get used to Desire HD UI. Finally I went back to Desire HD for music listening , but it drains a lot of battery !

So I need another portable source gear
-a more responsive UI
-Acceptable SQ
-able to play flac , mp3 , wma,ape
-superb batter life

I found cowon J3 is exactly what I need. How you guys think ? J3 is a good choice ?

Jun 3, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 15

Quote:
I got my s:flo2 on Feburary and I'm very happy how it sounds . After using it for 1 month , I'm really frustrated with its UI, quite sluggish, perhaps I already get used to Desire HD UI. Finally I went back to Desire HD for music listening , but it drains a lot of battery !

So I need another portable source gear
-a more responsive UI
-Acceptable SQ
-able to play flac , mp3 , wma,ape
-superb batter life

I found cowon J3 is exactly what I need. How you guys think ? J3 is a good choice ?

I have both, i will say it is downgrade from sflo2 to j3, as of UI i don't give a damn, music is listened not watched.

Jun 13, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #5 of 15
Yeah, but sflo2 is pain in the ass to navigate.  I don't know about y'all's, but mine's UI is very finicky. I deal with it because of the sound.  In the begining, it drove me insane!!

Quote:
I have both, i will say it is downgrade from sflo2 to j3, as of UI i don't give a damn, music is listened not watched.

Jun 13, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #6 of 15
the UI was one thing, but the 3 month wait to get my unit repaired was another.   also it would be one thing if it took that long and they said it would, they knew virtually nothing about what was going on with the repair (or so they say).  they just kept saying "its at the factory, we will contact you when it arrives".  

but as others state, the SQ is better than the j3.  

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #7 of 15
The UI of the S:Flo 2/T51 is very fast, responsive, and easy to navigate for me.

Just put your songs in folder structure "Flac --> Artist --> Album --> Song" and then always click on "Directory" to find your music.

To speed up the UI go to "Setting --> Display --> Cartoon Setting --> Off"

also:

"System Interface --> Style 2"

"Brightness --> 2x"

"Transparence --> 5x"

"Time --> Backlight Time --> 6 sec"

Jun 18, 2011 at 5:50 AM Post #8 of 15
Sorry, since you know him well, to shuffle, power back up every time I reset it or is there a way to continue every time you power back up?
Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Jun 19, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #14 of 15

Quote:
Also for me, but it reproduce also songs of the same folder and not of all the library.

yea i had this issue too.  it would only bring up and restart the single folder, not all my music again.  so id have to exit, go back in to music, all music, and pick. not horrible, but annoying nonetheless because im not usually able to listen for 3/4 hours at a time. have time here and there to listen on my portable setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back