Upgrading from Sennheiser PX200
Aug 29, 2009 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

James1822

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I've done a lot of searching but seem to be getting more confused...

I'm looking for an upgrade for my PX200s which I use with a Sony NWZ-HD5 mp3 player. The sound is pretty good, but I'm looking to get even better sound if possible. I also find the PX200s uncomfortable for more than about 40 mins, and that on busy public transport they do not isolate that well and I have to have the volume up pretty high.

My requirements are that the phones are closed back as I will be using them in public, they need to have a reasonable amount of noise isolation, possibly circumaural (or a different type of on-ear phone to the PX200).

I was looking at the HD228, but not sure if that is an improvement in SQ, as they are actually slightly cheaper than the PX200 here in the UK.

The type of music I listen to various from Jazz, classical, rock, electronica, funk, soul.

Aug 29, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 5
the hd 228 have been called the PX 100 on steroids, and most like the PX100 over the PX200 for SQ

Aug 30, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #3 of 5
to be honest, the I always preferred the PX100's to the 200's, but then again i much prefer the iGrado's to the both of them. isolation wise... you really need a pair of circumaural headphones.

the new HD's are nice, i've got the 238's and they rock.... but not with with rock.

Aug 30, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #4 of 5
I stopped using my PX 100, other than for travel, once I got my HD 228. I also just ordered the HD 238, I love the HD 228 fit so much.

Aug 30, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by James1822 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
I've done a lot of searching but seem to be getting more confused...

I'm looking for an upgrade for my PX200s which I use with a Sony NWZ-HD5 mp3 player. The sound is pretty good, but I'm looking to get even better sound if possible. I also find the PX200s uncomfortable for more than about 40 mins, and that on busy public transport they do not isolate that well and I have to have the volume up pretty high.

My requirements are that the phones are closed back as I will be using them in public, they need to have a reasonable amount of noise isolation, possibly circumaural (or a different type of on-ear phone to the PX200).

I was looking at the HD228, but not sure if that is an improvement in SQ, as they are actually slightly cheaper than the PX200 here in the UK.

The type of music I listen to various from Jazz, classical, rock, electronica, funk, soul.

I posted similar looking for the same. I wrote down many models in my post. Lots very similar, but small differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back