Upgrading from S4's, maybe to RE0
Dec 17, 2011 at 6:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TTN2810

New Head-Fier
Hi, I recently had a pair of Klipsch Image S4's, but I lost them. When I had them I loved the sound, but now it's been a few months since I had them, and tried my dad S4's, and they sound really muddy, too bassy, with sharp highs and a bad soundstage. I was going to just get another pair of them, but since re-listening to them, I'm not so sure. I mostly listen to hard rock/metal, but also some alternative and poppy stuff. I've heard good things about the Head Direct RE0's. How are these compared to the S4's? Are there any other really good IEM's in the $80-$90 price range? I've heard Shure and Brainwavz are good brands too, but I'm open to anything really.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Dec 17, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #2 of 4
I have the S4's too. I haven't noticed any of the features diminishing yet. I was looking into the Shure SE215 and I purchased the brainwavz m1 and I am waiting for them to come in to try out.

Dec 18, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #3 of 4
RE 0 doesn't deliver on bass front if you are a basshead.

Dec 18, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #4 of 4
You need a player supporting 60 ohms impedance and a good equalizer to add basse, if you want to get the most of the Re0.

Teclast T51 and Re0 is an amazing combination for an incredible price sound (~230$).

But the T51 is not a useful DAP, crappy UI and a small autonomy, that the price for a good sound and a small budget
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back