Upgrading from PX200, opinions?
May 18, 2005 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Taurui

500+ Head-Fier
Ok, as I found myself reeeeeeeally happy with my home rig (Terratec Aureon -> DAC-AH -> Porta Corda Mk2 -> Beyer DT531) but not so with my portable rig...

I wanna have a real upgrade over my PX200s. They have lots of weaknesses, but also some strengths (for example being a good value and extreme portability) that I don't want to miss.
In-Ear seems to be an option, for example the Shure E2, ER-6i or ER-4P (although that one is almost too expensive for me).
Another option would probably be the PX200s "big stepbrother", the HD25-1 ... what throws me off is be the inability to carry them in my pocket, as I do with the PX200 quite often
smily_headphones1.gif

Most important would be a good sonic balance and good instrument seperation (which is the PX200s biggest weakness).

Thanks for your opinions,

-Taurui

May 18, 2005 at 3:35 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurui
Ok, as I found myself reeeeeeeally happy with my home rig (Terratec Aureon -> DAC-AH -> Porta Corda Mk2 -> Beyer DT531) but not so with my portable rig...

I wanna have a real upgrade over my PX200s. They have lots of weaknesses, but also some strengths (for example being a good value and extreme portability) that I don't want to miss.
In-Ear seems to be an option, for example the Shure E2, ER-6i or ER-4P (although that one is almost too expensive for me).
Another option would probably be the PX200s "big stepbrother", the HD25-1 ... what throws me off is be the inability to carry them in my pocket, as I do with the PX200 quite often
smily_headphones1.gif

Most important would be a good sonic balance and good instrument seperation (which is the PX200s biggest weakness).

Thanks for your opinions,

-Taurui

From what I understand, you'd have to go with earbuds or canalphones if you need portability and hifi (better than the Senn px 200's).

Although not foldable, Grados are fairly lightweight for a heavyweight sound. Have you considered them?
blink.gif

May 18, 2005 at 3:38 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink
Although not foldable, Grados are fairly lightweight for a heavyweight sound. Have you considered them?
blink.gif

Nah, I need isolation. E4c it is!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 18, 2005 at 8:50 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurui
Ehh.... where? I thought they were $300!

Yeah, I haven't seen them anywhere online for $180 - where did you see that price?

May 18, 2005 at 8:54 PM Post #10 of 14
Taurui, you sure made that decision quickly. Hope you got a good deal on them. I second the request for a review of them as soon as you get a little listening in on them, and maybe a few subisiquent updates as you more familiar with them

May 18, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by appar111
Yeah, I haven't seen them anywhere online for $180 - where did you see that price?

There's a cupon over at earphonesolutions.com it takes off 120 bucks.

May 18, 2005 at 11:26 PM Post #12 of 14
Actually, I've got a little trouble paying for these suckers - I don't have access to a credit card and they don't accept PayPal (yet).
Let's see who I can ask to use their cc...
wink.gif

May 19, 2005 at 12:39 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamirus99
You can always carry the HD-25's around your neck when not wearing them.

Yeah, but that would suck though. Canalphones are soo many more times handyer than HD-25s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back