Upgrading from PFEs?
Apr 19, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #31 of 39
Say, I was wondering if you had tried this which I found from a website review. I'll copy and past the relevant part, but the website review is at:

Phonak Audeo 121 and 112 iPhone compatible Inner Earphones in Review: Phantastic! | TouchMyApps

"I was tipped off by a fellow at headfi.org that recommended inserting the Comply® tips rear-end first. Doing so will bring out details but keep the excellent isolation characteristics that the Comply® tips provide. Astonishingly so, just by reversing the tips, the Comply® are crisper and at the same time, a little less bassy. Whereas before, they slightly muddied the sound, reversing them keeps bass, treble and mids clean, crisp and maintains the excellent seal for which Comply® tips are are renowned."

Apr 19, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #32 of 39
If you're looking for something that has a similar sound signature, consider CK10s also. I just got my PFEs from warranty replacement and the CK10s sound pretty similar but better in all areas.

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #33 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leavenfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Say, I was wondering if you had tried this which I found from a website review. I'll copy and past the relevant part, but the website review is at:

Phonak Audeo 121 and 112 iPhone compatible Inner Earphones in Review: Phantastic! | TouchMyApps

"I was tipped off by a fellow at headfi.org that recommended inserting the Comply® tips rear-end first. Doing so will bring out details but keep the excellent isolation characteristics that the Comply® tips provide. Astonishingly so, just by reversing the tips, the Comply® are crisper and at the same time, a little less bassy. Whereas before, they slightly muddied the sound, reversing them keeps bass, treble and mids clean, crisp and maintains the excellent seal for which Comply® tips are are renowned."

I have cut the ends off of the comply tips to give the same effect as what you're stating here. I am also finding the same results. They still aren't as detailed or bright as silicons but they still have more comfort and offer more isolation.

Apr 19, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #34 of 39
So in the past day or so, I've been listening to my PFEs with the grey filters and then EQed, and then I put the comply tips on backwards. I think I'm liking my PFEs even more than I used to. With the tips on backwards, I get a much better seal, which probably helped a lot, but then going back from the black to grey filters made a big difference too.

I heard from Phonak today, and theyre gonna replace my headset, no questions asked....though, I think it may be too late for me. I think I've been hooked by the E-Q7s. Meh, we'll see if I can find a good deal.

On a completely different note, since I'm stuck with my stock apple earbuds....why the heck isnt there an appreciation thread for these bad boys....they sound wonderful...
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 20, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #36 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great choice on the e-Q7s. They're just over $310 shipped brand new and sell for about $270 used.

"Just..."
wink_face.gif

I'd get one...a Monster Miles Davis too if they dropped to a reasonable price...which they will eventually...at least the MD's when they eventually start shipping it without all the accessories that part of the price is paying for.

Apr 20, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #37 of 39
I doubt that happens that they drop all the accessories. You can probably get them for like 260 or so from onecall however which isn't a bad price.

Apr 20, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #38 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leavenfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Just..."
wink_face.gif

Haha it's amazing how you start to change your way of thinking in terms of price after being here after a long time. Now I really think... oh that cable is just 100 bucks.... those phones are only 300....

Gotta love this hobby
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #39 of 39
Haha yeah no kidding. Part of me really hates that I found this website.
tongue_smile.gif

The other day a friend of mine's headphones broke, so he said he was going to break down and buy himself a "nicer" more expensive pair of headphones. He thought about spending somewhere around $50-$60.
I cried a little on the inside haha
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back