Upgrading from PA2V2: C&C or iBasso P1
Feb 13, 2007 at 6:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

erlik

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

I think the time has come for me to move beyond my trusty PA2V2 to something better (and I need a second amp anyway because I am fed up moving mine from work to home each day).

The 2 amps I am considering are the iBasso P1 and C&C. They both cost roughly the same once postage is factored in and both seems to have roughly the same size. Both also had great review on these forums, which is making the choice difficult. The iBasso also seems to come with a better "free" mini to mini cable (looks better than my current cable) but it may be looks only. The amp would be used mainly with my ultrasone 2200, Philips 895 and KSC75.

Here is what I am looking for:

- Decent battery life (at least 20 hours).
- Powerfull but not overpowering bass.
- Clear highs and mids.
- detail and sounstage are also important.
- Good build quality is of course a plus for something portable

advice from anybody who has heard one or preferably both of these amps would greatly help.

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #2 of 13
Well, I like the C&C, and I'd say its definitely smaller, so more portable.

Feb 14, 2007 at 7:48 AM Post #3 of 13
From the pictures I didn't realise the C&C was smaller but after looking better it seems you are right. Definitely a point in favor of the C&C.

Currently the C&C is ahead, it seems to be a more popular amp than the iBasso, but that's maybe because the iBaso is only availlable on ebay while I can buy the C&C from headdb. That's also a good point in favor of C&C as this reduces the risk of fraud.

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:25 AM Post #4 of 13
You really don't need to worry about fraud on either.

Feb 15, 2007 at 2:29 PM Post #6 of 13
I think I'll go for the C&C. it seems a lot of peoples like it and it is more portable than the P1.

Feb 15, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #7 of 13
Erlik, I think you've made a wise choice. I never heard the P1, but I believe you'll be happy with the C & C Box, just make sure that you burn it in. I believe this amp will be showing up in alot of members' signature.

Feb 15, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by erlik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I'll go for the C&C. it seems a lot of peoples like it and it is more portable than the P1.

I do love my C&C, but then again I'm looking forward to receiving my iBasso P1
340smile.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #9 of 13
well, i came from ldm+ to pa2v2 and now C&C... C&C will be a good one with no hiss and huge sound stage...

Feb 15, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #10 of 13
Yeah and the C&C has this very smooth, immersive presentation that makes me forget about everything else but the music
340smile.gif

Other users have ranked the P1 as equal to the C&C or even better, we shall see...

Feb 16, 2007 at 10:21 AM Post #11 of 13
I Pulled the trigger on the C&C this morning.

I don't think I'll be disapointed
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2007 at 10:42 AM Post #12 of 13
Good choice
Never heard the basso, but the CC is very very nice for its price
I find the soundstage switch fascinating.. but i don't think i'd use any of the switches though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back