Upgrading from mdr-v6 need opinions
Dec 9, 2009 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jmstrmbn

100+ Head-Fier
I've been using the mdr-v6s for about a year now and i really enjoy their sound. However, I'd like to scale things up and I'm having a hard time deciding what's for me. I've looked at the hd595 and a few others but haven't narrowed it down.

Also, i've been considering buying a portable amp instead of new phones, if i go with this option what do you reccomend?

By the way my spending amount is roughy $200-300

Dec 10, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #2 of 3
Don't worry about an amp now; buy the best headphones you can with your money and worry about an amp later. This is for two reasons: 1) the V6 don't scale at all with amplification, 2) I find that headphone upgrades tend to yield more improvement to your system than amp/DAC upgrades of equivalent value (at least for the first few hundred dollars).

A few questions for you: what do you like about your V6 and what don't you like?

I upgraded from the V6 to a Grado SR80 and I never looked back.

Dec 10, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #3 of 3
the v6 has an aggressive in your face sound (with a little EQing) and makes me really enjoy the music. It's also very comfortable with the velor pads. I've been looking at a grado or two and they seem to be comprable to the V6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back