Upgrading from M50x
Dec 17, 2014 at 12:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

BlakeW

New Head-Fier
Hello I am looking to upgrade from my M50x's. My budget is $350. I listen to mainly Hip-Hop and R & B. I am looking for a pair of headphones with more bass response. I am a university student so I am looking for a pair to take back and fourth to campus with me. At the moment I am thinking of either the v-moda m-100's or the Beyerdynamic Custom one pro's.   

Any thoughts and recommendations? 

Thank you

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #2 of 7
I'd stay far away from the Beyers. M-100 with XL pads or Sony MDR-1A is the choice for your music and can't really go wrong with either. The Vmodas have better isolation, but it isn't great either. If that's an issue, get something like the UE6000 for below budget or the Beats Studio 2013

Dec 17, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #4 of 7
Personally, I wouldn't call the Sony MDR-1A an upgrade to the M50x for the type of music you are into. But I guess the MDR-1A would be good for the looks in University. I think you should go try the M-100's, they should give you a sound you want for those music genres, but I wouldn't call them huge upgrades either.

For your budget, you can also try the Senn Momentum's, B&W P5 or Mad dogs (but not very portable for this maybe)

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #6 of 7
Never heard them before, can't comment, but I think the M-100 is definitely the pick of the bunch from V-moda

Users who are viewing this thread

Back