Upgrading from Klipsch S4
May 13, 2012 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

zael99

New Head-Fier
I am trying to upgrade from my Klipsch S4 earbuds since they're kinda beat up and I'm able to listen to music at my new job. I was thinking about getting the Shure SE215 but I'm not sure if I would really notice much of a difference in sound quality. I was also thinking about the TripleFi 10 but I saw that they fall apart relatively easily? I really like my Audio Technica M50's and the closer I can get to that sound signature the better. I will be playing off my iPhone 4. The most I'm looking to spend is $200 and I'm in Canada so unfortunately Amazon isn't the greatest resource.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that the genre's I like to listen to the most are metal(DevilDriver, Cradle of Filth, Ensiferum) and electronic dance (The Bloody Beetroots, Spor, DeadMau5)

May 14, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #2 of 4
I think the Triple.Fi 10 are fine in terms of durability, not sure where you heard that they were not durable.

My friend who likes metal uses and likes Etymotic HF5, but they're not really like the ATH-M50 because they don't have boosted bass.

I thought my Future Sonics Atrio was a great upgrade from the Klipsch Image S4. It's kind of the same sound signature as the S4, except a lot more detail,and not as much of a midbass boost (but more of a subbass boost).

May 14, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I am trying to upgrade from my Klipsch S4 earbuds since they're kinda beat up and I'm able to listen to music at my new job. I was thinking about getting the Shure SE215 but I'm not sure if I would really notice much of a difference in sound quality. I was also thinking about the TripleFi 10 but I saw that they fall apart relatively easily? I really like my Audio Technica M50's and the closer I can get to that sound signature the better. I will be playing off my iPhone 4. The most I'm looking to spend is $200 and I'm in Canada so unfortunately Amazon isn't the greatest resource.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that the genre's I like to listen to the most are metal(DevilDriver, Cradle of Filth, Ensiferum) and electronic dance (The Bloody Beetroots, Spor, DeadMau5)

See if anyone here's willing to buy in the US and ship to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back