Upgrading from JVC Marshmallows
Mar 23, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #17 of 31
I guess others will suggest the Meelectronics CW31 or M21. I may buy these at some point. I haven't heard them yet, but read several reviews of them. The CW31 has a wood body. It has less bass but more clarity than the M21. These are around $28.

I have the JVC Air Cushions. It is okay, but not great. I prefer the JVC Riptidz to the Air Cushions. The Riptidz at $8 is less than half the price of the $18 Air Cushions.

Mar 23, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #18 of 31

Quote:
I guess others will suggest the Meelectronics CW31 or M21. I may buy these at some point. I haven't heard them yet, but read several reviews of them. The CW31 has a wood body. It has less bass but more clarity than the M21. These are around $28.

I have the JVC Air Cushions. It is okay, but not great. I prefer the JVC Riptidz to the Air Cushions. The Riptidz at $8 is less than half the price of the $18 Air Cushions.

I was looking at the Air Cushions out of curiosity. Ordered the Riptidz instead. Thanks. :)

Mar 23, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #19 of 31
The Riptidz is good as a spare pair or for use while working out, as it is sweat resistant and water resistant. The Riptidz is good for the price, however it isn't better than the Panasonic RP-HJE450($23) and probably not as good as the Meelectronics CW31 or M21.

Mar 24, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #24 of 31
Strange, I don't know how I missed that... It's even in Joker's huge thread of IEM reviews. Sound is ranked at 7.5, which is higher than E10's 6.9. Plus it's cheaper! I think we got a winner here :) Anymore suggestions anyone?

Mar 24, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #25 of 31

Quote:
Wait so which ones are better, the SoundMagic E10's or the Panasonic RP-HJE450's?

Good question. I haven't heard the Soundmagic E10 yet, and few here have heard the HJE450. Judging from the glowing reviews of the E10, I guess the E10 is probably better. I guess I may get the E10 sometime, even though I am quite satisfied with the HJE450. Aside from the sound quality, I like the HJE450 so much for its ergonomic shape and great fit.

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #26 of 31
Thanks for the replies, I think I'm going to get the id America Spark based on Joker's reviews (id America Spark either beat or tied the E10 in most categories) as well as the microphone :)

Mar 26, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #28 of 31

Quote:
The Amazon.com Sparks won't ship to Canada :frowning2:

that's not good but doesn't amazon.ca carry them ? did you try j&r music world .. 

also I'm kinda glad that you didn't get them yet .. I have another suggestion for ya .. Brainwavz M4 - w/mic from mp4nation or w/o mic from amazon

Mar 26, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #30 of 31
Brainwavz M4 with mic looks good.. Can anyone compare sound quality between these and the Soundmagic E10, and the id America Spark? Keep in mind I mostly listen to hip hop. Wish M4 didn't look so plain also lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back