Upgrading from IEMs? What headphones should I get?
Jan 13, 2009 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

KillosusGodzilla

New Head-Fier
This should be first of many posts on here. I'm thinking of getting some headphones and need some recommendations. Let me explain my situation first.

I currently own Sennheiser CX300 and Shure E2C's. I loved my CX300s when I first got them, but then I was given a pair of E2Cs. I Now found the CX300's to be not as detailed as the E2Cs, but the E2Cs seem to have not enough bass and too much sibilance. So neither was perfect for me... I kind of just put up with the sound.

I recently borrowed a pair of Shure SE530s from a friend. They were amazing, the bass, mids, and treble were all very detailed and they did not fatigue my ears. But sadly I had to return them. Now I find it very difficult to go back to the CX300 or E2C.... I NEED AN UPGRADE.

BUT, I don't have the kind of money to drop on some SE530s.I was wondering if I could get full sized headphones that would match or outdo the sound quality of the SE530s at a cheaper price (say <$200?).

I listen to all kinds of music, but predominantly indie rock. Also, I like my bass, so lack of bass is not an option, but the cans dont need to be bass monsters.

Jan 13, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #2 of 4
Jan 13, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #3 of 4
Sorry forgot to state that i'm in Canada so those SE530s would run me about $300 USD with shipping. I need something in the <$160 USD range... But I would consider getting the SE530s if there are no viable headphone alternatives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back