Upgrading from Gigaworks T3
Dec 18, 2015 at 8:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Prozac2502

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I recently got a new desk which finally allows me to upgrade my speakers into something more robust (the previous desk was too narrow). However, there's still a slight space constraint as one of my displays doubles as a screen for watching movies etc. while laying on the bed.

An image for reference:

The bed is on the right and when watching stuff I move the other display to the right edge of the desk and place the speakers on its sides. What this means is that large monitors are pretty much out of the question. For this reason I'd probably also need a sub in order to get a full sound for movies and gaming. The speakers will also be used for the occasional music production but these are mainly just demos for my band so professional studio grade quality is not required.

Another thing is that it would be nice have a convenient way to turn the setup on and off since my usb interface doesn't have a separate volume knob for headphones and I'd rather not crouch under the desk everytime I need to use the headphones. The M-Audio AV32.1 seems to hit most of the criteria but it's so new that there aren't any reviews out yet.

My budget would be around 200-300$. Any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back