Upgrading from Fidelio X2 ($500 Budget)
May 13, 2020 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Pugzilla

New Head-Fier
Hi, I currently have had a Fidelio X2 for the past 2 years. It's served me very well, but I'm kind of bored with it now.

I use my X2s for music, gaming and films. I usually listen to electronic music, but regularly listen to most other genres except hip hop and rap. I'm using Oratory1990's EQ settings on Peace. Run it on my PC motherboard's audio.

My budget is around $500 for the headphones themselves. My basic requirements are that it's is an open back and comfortable for long sessions. Don't have an external Amp/DAC at the moment, but I'll likely need one if upgrading.

At the moment I'm considering the DT1990 PRO and the Sundara.
Maybe the HD650 as well if I can EQ it for more bass?

Would these be worthwhile upgrades compared to the X2?

I'd appreciate any advice.
Thanks

May 14, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #3 of 13
Hi, I currently have had a Fidelio X2 for the past 2 years. It's served me very well, but I'm kind of bored with it now.
I use my X2s for music, gaming and films. I usually listen to electronic music, but regularly listen to most other genres except hip hop and rap. I'm using Oratory1990's EQ settings on Peace. Run it on my PC motherboard's audio.
My budget is around $500 for the headphones themselves. My basic requirements are that it's is an open back and comfortable for long sessions. Don't have an external Amp/DAC at the moment, but I'll likely need one if upgrading.
At the moment I'm considering the DT1990 PRO and the Sundara. Maybe the HD650 as well if I can EQ it for more bass?
Would these be worthwhile upgrades compared to the X2? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks
For onboard audio, HD650 would not be my first choice, the 300-Ohm HD650 works best with a lot of juice.
DT1990 is what I would look into.

May 14, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #4 of 13

Thanks
I'm actually thinking of getting some Fidelio X2's or a varient thereof. How would you rate their durability? Particularly the support arms. I tend to destroy those as I have an over-sized head.

May 15, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #5 of 13
I'm actually thinking of getting some Fidelio X2's or a varient thereof. How would you rate their durability? Particularly the support arms. I tend to destroy those as I have an over-sized head.
The build quality is excellent. Mostly metal construction. I've dropped mine probably over 10 times with no issues. They still look new after 2 years of daily use , besides the velour earpads which tend to attract dust. I'll be keeping these forever regardless of what else I buy.

Last edited:
May 15, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #6 of 13
The build quality is excellent. Mostly metal construction. I've dropped mine probably over 10 times with no issues. They still look new after 2 years of daily use , besides the velour earpads which tend to attract dust. I'll be keeping these forever regardless of what else I buy.
Thanks for the info. I've decided to go ahead and purchase the X2hr's. I'm looking forward to enjoying them!

May 16, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #7 of 13
May 16, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #8 of 13

Thanks
Sorry but why don’t you ask Oratory?

May 17, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #10 of 13
Aug 29, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #13 of 13
Yes, I went for the Anandas. I haven't had any QC issues so far. Hopefully I won't need to use the warranty. Paired with a Tempotec Sonata HD Pro. This is endgame for me personally. It does everything better than the X2. It was uncomfortable for a few weeks due to the clamping force, but that's not an issue any more. I'll be keeping the X2 for backup or when I need to use a mic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back