Upgrading from ER6i Options
Dec 20, 2007 at 2:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

noinimod

100+ Head-Fier
Well, not really an upgrade since i lost it.
The ER6i had everything going for me, except.. the lack of fullness. My ears sort of attuned to it over time, but i would definitely appreciate more warmth and bass.

So, i was looking at the E4C.. Would that be good? I'm pretty sure UE earphones are out, cos i don't enjoy their sound signature, esp with the recessed vocals and boomy bass.
I'm open to all brands except UE.

Dec 20, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #2 of 11
I may get somebody to disagree here but I had both at the same time and the E4C will DEFINITELY give you a fuller, bassier more spacious sound, especially coming from ER6i. Slightly less high end detail but the overall presentation of E4C wins hands down.

Dec 20, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #3 of 11
That's nice to know. Anymore feedback?
The prices on this forum's garage section look pretty good.. i might just get one off someone. lol.
The brand new prices online don't look too good.

Dec 20, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #6 of 11
Take a look at the q-jays. I've heard them described as having a level of detail approaching the er4, but with a more full sound, like you're looking for. If I was going to upgrade my er6i right now, they're what I would get.

Dec 20, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #7 of 11
Okay, I see.

I had the same complaints that you have with your ER6i with my E3c. I was also looking at upgrading to the E4c, which I heard was more full and warm, but I ended up choosing the SF5 Pro instead after doing a lot of research.

The IEMs that I narrowed it down to were ER4P (or S), SF5 Pro, and E4c.

Dec 20, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #10 of 11
The Ety ER4's would be a definite step up (and probably a safe choice for you), and the Jays would probably be something to consider. But for something completely different, think about the Future Sonics Atrio M5 -- unwieldy name for a fun set of earphones that do a good job of approaching "true headphone" sound. I really like the ER6i's, but the M5's are more musical/fun.

Dec 20, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #11 of 11
I upgraded from the ER-6i to a pair of Westone UM2s. I am really very happy with them and would make the same choice again if I had to. They are a significant upgrade from ER-6i: much more musical, warm and much better bass. Out of the 5 IEMs that I have tried (Westone UM2, Er-6i, UE Super.fi 5 and UE Super.fi 5 EB, Shure E3c), they are truly my favorite! I was lucky enough to buy one used. They are also very comfortable with the foam tips and they don't stick out of your ear like some other IEMs. At this point and in the future, I think I would only give them up for possibly a pair of UM3s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back