Upgrading from E2cs?
Jul 7, 2005 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

probedb

Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm new round here but I did take a read of some of the reviews before posting.

Basically I want something better than my E2cs. I feel the bass response somewhat lacking and could only ever get a good seal with the foam plugs.

For example, Korn's 'Blind' has some very low bass notes at the beginning and I can't hear them at all except in a very quiet environment.

I'm just wondering if there's a better model out there that has a deeper (but not boomy) response?

Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Paul.

Jul 7, 2005 at 3:04 PM Post #2 of 11
Jul 7, 2005 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 11
As a former e2c user who wanted more bass, i would recommend the UM2. You should be very happy with them, if they are within your budget. If not, i think the SuperFi EB would be a great alternative as well

Jul 7, 2005 at 3:28 PM Post #4 of 11
I upgraded from the E2c's to the E4c's.
IMO it was a step up in all respects. There was a dramatic improvement in treble response without becoming harsh or overly bright... considerable added detail and openness. And I too only find the foamies comfortable, and with the foamies, the bass response with the 4c's was worlds better than the 2c's.
HTH...

Jul 7, 2005 at 5:41 PM Post #7 of 11
The Super.Fi 5 EB is extremely bassy so if you're looking for a balanced sound with strong bass, I don't think it would be a good idea. If you just want tons of bass... hehehe
very_evil_smiley.gif
go for it!
wink.gif

That said, the E4 may be a little light in the bass department if that's what you're looking for. They do sound wonderful thought...

The E5 should be right up your alley. It takes the basic sound signature of the E2 and improves on every aspect.

The Super.Fi 5 Pro should also work well for you and in my opinion offers a bit more bass than the E5. If bass is your thing, this might be the way to go. My only slight complaint is that the SF5P can get a bit muddy at times. It's really a tradeoff thought because they are quite musical.

I haven't tried the UM2 but by all accounts they should work as well.

Jul 9, 2005 at 1:17 AM Post #9 of 11
If the journey is half the fun, work your way up thru the ranks and learn and enjoy as you go along. The FS forum here allows you a way of recouping some of your costs along the way.
Maybe step up to the e-4, followed later by a dual-driver/soundpath. Educating your ear will heighten your responce.
cool.gif

Jul 9, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #10 of 11
Do you really feel the bass of the e4 is equal to the E2? I am also looking to upgrade from my e2s. I have a feeling the UE's might be a bit large?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back