Upgrading from Burson Playmate (1) to a separate Amp & Dac solution
Nov 23, 2021 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Postmodum

New Head-Fier
I’ve been a happy owner of the Burson Playmate. I have had this for some time now and have been loving it since then.

The issue is that I want to get some new gear due to support issues. Burson is amazing on customer support, the issue is that I’m from Portugal, and requesting support ( i already had to change the PCB once and it took 1.5 months to arrive and customs messed up ) always takes ages, customs process and i actually had to pay for the part I received under warranty because customs are used to all sort of tricks from people trying not to pay any taxes.

So right now I’m “more or less” certain on the DAC. It’s going to be a Soncoz LA-QXD1. I think it’s pretty good and simple, something i prefer since I’m not one of those people that are always messing with DACs ( usually it’s set and forget ) and i prefer without display since it’s one less part that can give me problems.
The issue now is the amp.
The main usage will be gaming, movies, and music. Pretty mainstream usage
:slight_smile:

I’m more a “HiFi” guy than actually, an audiophile must admit.
Music will come from Tidal.
Movies from various streaming services.
Gaming, it’s basically FPS, and some of them although not competitive level, I’m “almost there” in terms of the needs.

For headphones, I have Fidelio’s X2HR and BeyerDynamics DT 900 Pro X.
In the future I want to get some high impedance ones, so the amp should be ready for that.
The issue is that I’m spoiled with Burson + V6 Vivid’s opamps sound signature.

So I was thinking of going with SingXer SA-1, not the same but from what I read it maybe be something that I will enjoy, but can’t say.
Another 2 possibilities would be Jotunheim 2 or Rebel Amp.
What is your opinion about this combo? Please, bring suggestions, opinions, or comments since all of those are more than welcome
:smiley:

And sorry for the long message, but wanted to give the best context I could
:slight_smile:

Regards from Portugal!
Pedro.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back