Upgrading From ATH M50
Jul 5, 2015 at 12:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Xamdou

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I am looking for an upgrade from my old M50 (leather from head rest is  peeling off and my headphone smells pretty bad too since I live near the equator and it's summer lol) and Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD.

I am now looking at getting an ATH A900x with an Aune T1 MK2 from amazon as they are much cheaper to get from amazon (even with priority shiping + taxes) then locally(about US$450 locally while at US$360 through amazon).

Was actually thinking of just getting an ATH A1000x and just stay with my old DAC.
Does anyone have any other recommendations? My budget is about US$380.

Jul 5, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #2 of 6
There are a lot of headphones that you might consider in your budget range. Check out the ones on Innerfidelity's Wall of Fame (including the ones that have been retired): http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-full-size-sealed.

Jul 5, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #4 of 6
For $380 I'd go with the HD600s, as they're great all arounders and you have of course, the great sound stage that comes along with a pair of open backs, which can be pretty amazing, especially since you're coming from a closed back can. 

Jul 5, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #5 of 6
  Hi all,

I am looking for an upgrade from my old M50 (leather from head rest is  peeling off and my headphone smells pretty bad too since I live near the equator and it's summer lol) and Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD.

I am now looking at getting an ATH A900x with an Aune T1 MK2 from amazon as they are much cheaper to get from amazon (even with priority shipping + taxes) then locally(about US$450 locally while at US$360 through amazon).

Was actually thinking of just getting an ATH A1000x and just stay with my old DAC.
Does anyone have any other recommendations? My budget is about US$380.

I'm thinking you should go for the better headphones.
Also I've heard good things said about the Soundmagic HP150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back