Upgrading from ATH-M50
Sep 14, 2013 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

JeffBrah

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I've currently been looking at upgrading my M50s as I feel they are lacking somehow. I've had these headphones for over a year now and they're starting to wear so I thought why not upgrade. I've done quite a bit of research over the past couple of months and narrowed my options down to two headphones.

1. Sennheiser Momentum
2. PSB M4U 1

My budget is around $300AUD, was just looking for any other suggestions or someone to push me towards one of the two listed. I listen to basically all kind of music, I like the sound of my M50s so something similar to that would be good.

EDIT: forgot to mention that closed back is preferred.

Thanks for your help

Sep 15, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #3 of 8
Hello!

If you love your ATH-M50 to death and wanted an upgrade for better resolution etc, the Momentum are no doubt, a better headphone! The timbre are excellent and it have the bass like the ATH-M50 but one step better, less recessed mids!

So my vote goes to Momentum for your use but do note that the Momentum have smaller earcups.

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Sep 15, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #5 of 8
I have the m4u2, the noise cancelling brother of the m4u1. They have a flat response with no emphasised bass. The momentums have a bass sound signature so pls tell if you're a basshead. Also consider the vmoda crossfade m100

Sep 15, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #6 of 8
Hey guys, bit the bullet and went with the momentums. I like a bit of bass so that's not a problem. Considered so many headphones including the m100s but after hours of researching the momentums seemed best fitting for what I wanted.

Thanks for the replies

Sep 15, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #8 of 8
Hey guys, bit the bullet and went with the momentums. I like a bit of bass so that's not a problem. Considered so many headphones including the m100s but after hours of researching the momentums seemed best fitting for what I wanted.

Thanks for the replies

Congrats! Do let us know on what you thing about them when you receive them! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back