Upgrading from an E7/E9 combo
Jan 7, 2012 at 6:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

maxietheboss

New Head-Fier
At the moment I am using an E7/E9 combo with a Superlux HD668B. I am planning to buy a Sennheiser HD650 soon and in the future I would also like to upgrade the E7/E9 to a better Amp and DAC. I have looked at the Schiit Valhalla+Bifrost and the Burson HA-160DS (which is about the upper limit I would like to spend on an amp+DAC, though if 100 or 200 euro will give me a tremendous increase in sound quality I am willing to save up some more.) I have also taken a look at the Little Dot Mk.IV SE and the Little Dot DAC_1. Due to shipping costs and import duties these combinations will probably all cost around the same price in euros, around the 700-800 mark. The amp and DAC brand don't necessarily have to be the same. Maverick Audio D2 and A1 with upgrades tubes are also a consideration.

What I am looking for are suggestions and recommendations which system I should also take a look at. I listen mostly to soul, jazz, classic rock, indie rock, and some electronic. The DAC will be connected via an optical cable to an iMac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back