Upgrading DAC's
Mar 27, 2007 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

onvn

100+ Head-Fier
Hi..
For my general listening, I use my K701 connected to my Aria and use my laptop as my source. Now, I have been using my Aria's built in DAC with spectacular results and now craving for some DAC-action! I was wondering if using a dedicated DAC such as the Musiland MD10 or similar (price-wise) would upgrade the general SQ of my rig.

Mar 27, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by onvn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi..
For my general listening, I use my K701 connected to my Aria and use my laptop as my source. Now, I have been using my Aria's built in DAC with spectacular results and now craving for some DAC-action! I was wondering if using a dedicated DAC such as the Musiland MD10 or similar (price-wise) would upgrade the general SQ of my rig.

Most of these ?s become an argument. My personal experience is that a pc is a multi function device. The maker cuts corners to put so much in one. You put some money into a dedicated component, it will perform better than a general consumer product. Is it enough of a difference for the money? That is the $64?

Since the DAC is the box where everything converts, it would benefit from a better designed and built component. IMHO. A lesser cd transport will be improved by using a DAC. Like a laptop.

Good luck and happy listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back