Upgrading apartment into house - which country has the best sound?
Feb 13, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd recommend picking up one of the decommissioned missile silos here in the US. Yes, you really can buy them.

They're underground, with mostly constant temperature and humidity. They are designed to withstand nuclear attack, so vibration control is good. They're also shielded against radiation, so cosmic background noise won't affect your system, either. Best of all, many of them have their own power generation systems so you don't have to take power off the grid. You could probably tweak and upgrade the generators, too. It would be ideal!

I second this. I saw a listing for an abandoned missile silo and accompanying underground buildings in lovely Washington state for only $900,000. Which is quite a good deal for an evil overlord lair/listening facility.

Jan 16, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #18 of 18
I live in Mumbai, India. Conducting several scientific experiments I have determined that the warm smoggy atmosphere is highly conducive to bass heads as it helps to round off top end and smooth out all the lows.
Added bonus is that you can see the bass waves travel through the smog. Nice edfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back