Upgrading-- and need a little help!
Feb 4, 2008 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DaveX

New Head-Fier
WOW. You are all SO HELPFUL. THAAAANKS. --DaveX

Hello, all. My name is DaveX. I'm interested in buying a new set of headphones, and am hoping to get some opinions and assistance from you all.

I'm working on a budget-- under $130 is best. I listen to a LOT of music, with my primary focus being experimental and avant-garde works. I also listen to a lot of noise, so if there are any noise fans here, I'd appreciate your opinions especially. I'm sure the requirements for noise fans are somewhat different, at least regarding headphones.

I am not interested in any sort of noise-canceling headphones, though good isolation is a plus. I will be using these for both demoing material sent in for my radio broadcasts, as well as for preparing mixes and recordings of experimental music.

I'd like to avoid Bose products, as I have often felt them to color the resulting sound somewhat. I'm much more concerned with quality of construction than appearance. The headphones don't have to be particularly portable.

Currently, I'm considering the Audio-Technica ATH-M45 and the Sony MDR-7506. I've been searching the archives for answers to my question, but there seems to be a large amount of disagreement among users. I'd appreciate any assistance you all could render me.

Thanks in advance!

--DaveX
Startling Moniker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back