Upgradeitis: Lyr or HE-500?
Jun 30, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #17 of 30
Thanks for all the input guys. I think I'm going to take a stab at the Jergpad mod tomorrow and perhaps-- perhaps-- pull the trigger on a Lyr after I see how the mod affects the the sound signature. I can't lie; I really think that the Lyr is just sexy as hell
biggrin.gif
. As it stands right now I love my 400; I just think it needs a little tweaking for me to be perfectly happy with it.

Jul 1, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #18 of 30
good luck with that. Worst case you can use the jergies with the 500. Just so you know, fully modded jergpads are being sold by modulor for only 35$ + shipping

Jul 2, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #19 of 30
Afyer spending the past hour tediously performing this mod and and at varying points muttering under my breath, "this better be [expletive] worth it", all I can say is wow... wow. The difference is not subtle. Any issue I had with the tonality of this headphone has been rectified by performing this mod. I just saved myself $700. Thank you Jerg wherever you are.

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #20 of 30
It's fairly noticeable, indeed. U did what parts of the mod?

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #23 of 30
In weight or sound sig?

Jul 3, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #27 of 30
Modding is magical :S

Go buy abyss. They only weigh 1.5 lb

Aug 9, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #29 of 30
HE500.

Keep your E9K.  It will power the HE500 fine on high gain (volume is loud at 10ish).  The best amp for the HE500?  nope.  Good enough to be very enjoyable?  very much so, at least for me.  I tried an audio-gd today that has at least as much pwr as the Lyr or even more.  Honestly, there was a bit more pwr coming through the HE500 and slight improvement but not enough for me to abandon my E9K yet.  Well, ppl might say i am deaf and can't appreciate fine improvements.  It's fine with me.  You will have to judge for yourself.  Just don't deceive yourself to justify upgrades :)

Hi,

Ive read that low gain is optimal for the e9 with most headphones. I own the he-500 and use a Fiio e9, and have always used low gain, do you recommend I flick the switch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back