Upgraded cable for Shure SE315 IEM's
Feb 4, 2014 at 2:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

spadz93

New Head-Fier
Hello all

I'm in a rather active band right now, and just started using an IEM setup. I went with the SE315's because they were within budget and have a great sound delivery. My only complaint with them is that the cable (in two instances, the first on my drummers set and the second time on mine) frays somewhere and causes the signal to cut in and out, which as anyone who's used these live, can be rather annoying in a live (and casual listening) environment.

My question is: there are a bunch of companies who make upgrade cables for these IEM's. If i'm buying an upgrade cable, i would want to take both durability (i move around on stage a lot, our genre is metal) and good sound quality into consideration. I also do have a budget here, so nothing ridiculously expensive (i'd like to set my limit around 200, which seems fair enough for a cable). 

Anyone have any suggestions?

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #5 of 5
Bought a cheap fiio se cable and it did a great job opening up my 215s. I'd imagine more expensive cables would be great. From what I've read, multi stranded wires braided would give you better results though depending on what you want to gain, some cables might give more clarity but not enough bass etc.
For me though, these cables has given my old pair a really fresh start. Details are clearer bass is tighter.. To say subtle clarity is unfair, as comparing with the stock cable, all of the tracks I listen to has become more enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back