Upgraded,, a bit.. :D
Apr 4, 2008 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

sango

100+ Head-Fier
I've been reading here on head-fi for a couple years and i think i've reached my final point when it comes to personal listening.

I started my journey with a pair of SR-60 and went on to RS-1, this was approx 3 years ago. I bought a pair of SR-325 to have on the go instead of the RS-1, didn't want to break em if i would've dropped em or whatever. Though i did use them on the train sometimes and i think there was actually ppl that knew what kind of headphones they were cause they couldnt stop staring..
biggrin.gif

At that time i had me an iAudio M3, sleek player with decent sound. I also got myself a home listening setup, the K1000/norh se9. Sweet setup but i've never really liked the comfort of the K1000 so they're up for sale.
wink.gif
I came over the K1000 kind of cheap from an agent here in europe so i had to buy them.

Time flies and i am now sitting with a Shanling SCD-300, I didn't even have a real source for the K1000 and RS-1, (yeah i was feeding them from the iaudio M3.)
biggrin.gif

The SCD-300 is connected with XLR cables to a Stax SRM-006t wich one pair of SR-404 and a pair of O2 is connected to.
The RCA outputs is connected to a HA5000/W5000 combo wich is my dynamic setup.
The iAudio M3 has been sold and replaced by an iriver 120 wich is connected with a ibasso D1.
The SR-60 and SR-325 has been sold to make room for a pair of Shure SCL5 and ATH-ESW9.
biggrin.gif

As you guys can see, this thing about personal sound and head-fi for that matter is a costly hobby but the journey to the point where im at today has been awesome!
Thanks guys for some sweet reading and honest sale section.

Just wanted to share a brief history about my experience around "Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet."
smily_headphones1.gif

piis

Apr 4, 2008 at 8:08 AM Post #2 of 10
Great story!

Oh cool, you think people here in Sweden are actually familiar with Grado headphones? Since so few stores here actually sell high-end Grados, I've always been under the impression that they stare because they DON'T know what they are but think they look cool.

Did you ever try riding the bus with the K1000s?
tongue.gif

Apr 4, 2008 at 9:48 AM Post #4 of 10
They were all staring at you because they could hear the Abba you were listening to just as loud as you could! Grados are very bad for public use, lol.

Apr 4, 2008 at 12:47 PM Post #6 of 10
I so wanna take my DT's out for a ride now.

Apr 4, 2008 at 12:57 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by indysmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They were all staring at you because they could hear the Abba you were listening to just as loud as you could! Grados are very bad for public use, lol.

LOL, the typical swedish stereotype listen to ABBA and Ace of Base.
biggrin.gif

Actually, I fall in to this category, mostly because it reminds me of my childhood.

Apr 5, 2008 at 11:25 AM Post #8 of 10
Yes, the SCD-300 have a tubed output. Though i like the balanced SS output better

Riding the bus with K1000 would be something..
biggrin.gif

I agree that grados suck for public use but i had to try it. Don't like when ppl can hear what i'm listening to either so that's why i went another path for portable..

Apr 5, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matteman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, the typical swedish stereotype listen to ABBA and Ace of Base.
biggrin.gif

Actually, I fall in to this category, mostly because it reminds me of my childhood.

What about Europe? I think the people on the train could hear the final countdown just as loud as sango or maybe the look with Roxette
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #10 of 10
I just took the plunge and ordered a pair of Stax 4070 and that made me realise that this month have been THE headphone month of my life.
biggrin.gif

I've bought the AT ESW9, AT W5000, Stax SR-007, Stax 4070 and AT HA5000 along with some other shiz but thats another story,,
smily_headphones1.gif

Can't wait until I get to listen to those 4070's. They seem to be like the O2 but less musical and more analytical with a bit more punch and more quantity in the lower frequensies.. awesome.

//a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back