Upgrade to Grado SR225i; $500 budget
Jan 9, 2014 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ThickGlasses

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I got a pair of Grado SR225i for Christmas and I was wondering what a good upgrade would be. Just to clear it up, I'm not upgrading right now, I just want some answers for for future reference.

The music I listen to mostly consists of The White Stripes, Celldweller and Crush 40, can anyone recommend a good headphone that can be driven by a Little Dot 1+?

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #2 of 5
I think it would help if you talk about what you like and don't like about your Grados. Talk about both the physical aspects as well as the sound. That way someone might be able to make suggestions that include the parts you like and not the things you don't. A price range also always helps.

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #3 of 5
I think it would help if you talk about what you like and don't like about your Grados. Talk about both the physical aspects as well as the sound. That way someone might be able to make suggestions that include the parts you like and not the things you don't. A price range also always helps.

Yes, sorry, sorry. I really like the moddability so I was thinking of sending them to Marty or getting PS500's, as my Grandmother always  steals them to listen to her jazz. Apart from that, I really like the attack speed and the construction feels really nice, even though the headband is not my favorite, I also dislike the bowls, as my ears are pointy on the side and they touch the driver casing when I use them. Also, the budget is in the thread title.

Jan 10, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #4 of 5
Hmm - you might want to shoot a PM to head-fier "AHorseNamedJeff" - he's a young Grado fan and a nice guy, and he and some of his Grado-fan buddies have been doing some interesting things:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/686212/the-great-grado-experiment-4-tonewoods-tested-more-to-come

If nothing else, he can probably point you to some other folks with more experience in the Grado world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back