Upgrade time!
Nov 14, 2004 at 2:29 AM Post #2 of 8
HD650s? Orpheus? I guess I'll be the dam breaker and ask what you're looking for, price range, etc.
icon10.gif

Nov 14, 2004 at 9:39 AM Post #3 of 8
Something around the 100 ~ 150 range? I'm in australia so prices vary. I'd like something... noticeably better than the PX100s, maybe something brighter, since these sound very dark to my ears, and almost uninvolving at times

Nov 14, 2004 at 10:10 AM Post #5 of 8
portable : preferably, but I dont like canalphones much

Closed would be nice, since the px100s are open, and it has irked me at times but considering budget, might have to go open

Nov 14, 2004 at 3:27 PM Post #6 of 8
Are the prices you gave Austrailian or US dollars? Going by the selection at Headphonic (an Austrailian Hi-Fi Headphones online store) you won't get much in the 100-150 AUD price range that will beat the PX100. The Allesandro MS-1 and Audio Technica A500 seem like your best bets. And maybe the Beyerdynamic DT231 as well.

Nov 14, 2004 at 9:03 PM Post #8 of 8
Just from what I've read both are very easy to drive, and will sound good. The MS-1 has a somewhat flattened soundstage, especially with the flat pads (a highly reccomended upgrade). It is very in your face and fun, though not as much as Grados (the MS-1 is a slightly tweaked Grado SR-125). It is also very open, and will leak a lot of sound as well as let everything around you in. The A500 is suppost to have a very nice soundstage and be more natural sounding and more laid back, though it isn't portable at all. It is also closed too. I haven't heard either, but this is what I gather from other posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back