upgrade the little or move on?
Jul 28, 2002 at 1:08 AM Post #16 of 23
kelly:

WOW do you like that corda! Personally, I wasn't THAT impressed. I liked the MG head much more. But hey, I'm about to build my meta42! The board is coming early next week. YAHOOO!

Jul 28, 2002 at 2:35 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
kelly:

WOW do you like that corda! Personally, I wasn't THAT impressed. I liked the MG head much more. But hey, I'm about to build my meta42! The board is coming early next week. YAHOOO!

andrze
The Corda HA-1 you heard had a POS source behind it. Guess what, it accurately amplified a POS source and sounded like crap. I heard it in the same setting. If the Corda had been connected to the Meridian, it would have told a different story.

On the other hand, the META42 is a cool design and thanks to your parental intervention, you'll have a much better amp than you would have had.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 28, 2002 at 2:41 AM Post #18 of 23
Actually, the corda and mg head were being driven by the same source.

Is the loaner program ok for just listening to something? I mean, say I wanted to compare the cosmic to my meta42. . . is that an ok use of the program? Is it sort of unethical?

Jul 28, 2002 at 5:06 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly

If the Corda had been connected to the Meridian, it would have told a different story.

I don't think you can connect the Corda to the Meridian. Doesn't the Meridian do everything in the digital domain until you get to the speakers which house a D/A converter, and an amp?

Kelly, have you heard the Meta42 amp or did you buy it blindly?

Jul 28, 2002 at 7:08 AM Post #22 of 23
bifcake
Um, the Meridian 588 at the Headroom tour is just a standard CD player and it does have single ended output.

andrze
Absolutely it is ok to take advantage of the loaner program and try the different amps. I plan to do both the Cosmic and MOH when I have more time to dedicate to them. I personally feel it's a good idea to have an idea of baselines for comparison even if you won't be purchasing. (Ie, how do you know how good something is if you've not heard the thing everyone says is better? The MOH has several qualities that I've found very elusive in other amps so far. And personally, I want to give their crossfeed filter more of a chance--I didn't feel the Little was adequate to show that off.)

Jul 28, 2002 at 5:19 PM Post #23 of 23
Maybe the Corda simply revealed the deficiencies of the source better than the MG-Head did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back