Upgrade Supreme - Cosmic, MicroZotl, others?
Jul 2, 2002 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Lilac_Wine

100+ Head-Fier
I have a supreme that is about two years old that I am looking to upgrade. I do the majority of my listening at work through a portable player. I also travel a few times a month and always bring the supreme with me. I sometimes listen to headphones at home, but typically listen to my speakers instead. I listen with Ety ER4S.

My usual sources are a panasonic 469 (work/travel), a marantz 67SE, or a basis 1400/clearaudio beta aurum.

I listen to almost all music from Jazz to Punk to blues to rock.

I have two choices (as I see it) with the amp upgrade
1) Sell Supreme and buy Cosmic. Is the reference version worth the extra $$$? The advantage of this option is having a better amp when travelling and at work.

2)Keep the Supreme and get a second amp for home and maybe work. With this option I need the amp to be fairly unobtrusive and easy to transport from work to home. I have read good things about the MicroZotl, and Maxed out Home - do you have other sugestions in this price range that will work with the 4S?

I am concerned that the MicroZotl will stand out at work; people will keep coming by my cube asking me what the hell it is; i will explain that it is a headphone amp; they will consider me a nutter. I am hoping to avoid that nutter bit.
biggrin.gif
The supreme stays in the travel bag and no one really notices.

So what would you do - upgrade the supreme or get another amp to compliment it?
confused.gif

Jul 2, 2002 at 9:41 PM Post #4 of 4
I would doubt the meta42 would be an upgrade, though the sound may be different. The microzotl would definitely be a worth-while upgrade, but it will also attract some attention. It would make a nice conversation piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back