Upgrade Suggestions?
Oct 18, 2016 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

fenderbendr

Head-Fier
I currently have the AD900X's and while they sound nice and have a good soundstage, they're lacking in bass quantity for me. I'm looking for something with a good bit more bass than the 900X's, with a budget of around $300. I don't think I have a preference of warm/bright, just that they need to be comfortable enough to be worn for a while like the AD900X's are. Either closed-back or open-back is fine with me.

I like to listen to mostly EDM and rock, but I'll primarily be getting these cans for Electronic stuff like Daft Punk and Deadmau5, so good bass is important. I don't have any amp or dac currently, but I've been thinking about getting a Schiit stack if needed.

Any suggestions?

Oct 18, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #2 of 8
Fidelio X2

Oct 18, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 8
HE-400S is comfy has good bass( not skull crushing) and easy to drive. The bass drum on Ghosts 'n' Stuff slams pretty hard as does More than Human. I love both of those bands.

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #4 of 8
I currently have the AD900X's and while they sound nice and have a good soundstage, they're lacking in bass quantity for me. I'm looking for something with a good bit more bass than the 900X's, with a budget of around $300. I don't think I have a preference of warm/bright, just that they need to be comfortable enough to be worn for a while like the AD900X's are. Either closed-back or open-back is fine with me.

I like to listen to mostly EDM and rock, but I'll primarily be getting these cans for Electronic stuff like Daft Punk and Deadmau5, so good bass is important. I don't have any amp or dac currently, but I've been thinking about getting a Schiit stack if needed.

Any suggestions?

Check out the Soundmagic HP200 (semi-open) headphones.

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #5 of 8
HE-400S is comfy has good bass( not skull crushing) and easy to drive. The bass drum on Ghosts 'n' Stuff slams pretty hard as does More than Human. I love both of those bands.

I second the HE-400S. The original HE-400's were fantastic cans and the 400S is a great all around upgrade from those. 

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #6 of 8
I second the HE-400S. The original HE-400's were fantastic cans and the 400S is a great all around upgrade from those. 
Just need Focus A pads to make them all that much better.

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #7 of 8
Used thx00 comes to mind for a nicely done bass. 400S is also good with focus pads but bass will be closer to neutral.

The X2 has almost no sub bass which is bad for electronic, I wouldn't recommend it.

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #8 of 8
Used thx00 comes to mind for a nicely done bass. 400S is also good with focus pads but bass will be closer to neutral. Yes the Th X00's are worthy for sure. They just need a little more power .

The X2 has almost no sub bass which is bad for electronic, I wouldn't recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back