Upgrade Source (1st gen audigy)?
Feb 19, 2006 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

wallstreet

100+ Head-Fier
I just got my Alessandro ms-1s and they sound great, but I have done a lot of reading on these forums and the general impression that I got was that the first generation audigy isn't that great compared to other soundcards. Would upgrading to a card such as the revolution 5.1 be a significant improvement, or should i just save my money?
Note: I'm limited on upgrading choices as I use linux and several soundcards such as the xfi doesn't have linux support. I also game occasionally, but don't care about EAX.

Feb 20, 2006 at 9:24 AM Post #2 of 3
I went from audigy 1 the Nforce soundstorm to m-audio revo 7.1 to audigy 2 zs... I will be honest with you.. I didn't notice much of a differnce...just a little bass and treble differences here and there....the revo 7.1 may have been possibly the most musical to my ears..but

To clear your concious either hunt ebay for a good deal on the revo 5.1..try it out and hopefully sell it for more or just as much if you don't like it.

Feb 20, 2006 at 1:32 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoSpaceBar
I went from audigy 1 the Nforce soundstorm to m-audio revo 7.1 to audigy 2 zs... I will be honest with you.. I didn't notice much of a differnce...just a little bass and treble differences here and there....the revo 7.1 may have been possibly the most musical to my ears..but

To clear your concious either hunt ebay for a good deal on the revo 5.1..try it out and hopefully sell it for more or just as much if you don't like it.

Thanks for the tip. I may just wait until I build a new computer in 6-12 months and worry about it then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back