Upgrade recommendations from Sony MDR-1R?
Jul 7, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #16 of 19

The 600 Ohm version can be had from Amazon Prime here for $276, compared to $205 for the 250 Ohm Pro version and $292 for the 250 Ohm Premium livery.

The link I provided above should help you access the relative value to you of the 250 vs. 600 Ohm versions.

I was actually wondering why there was such a large price tag on the premium version compared to the pro versions and the reasons why I should pick the Pro/Premium version.

Thanks KG Jag

Jul 7, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #17 of 19

The 600 Ohm version can be had from Amazon Prime here for $276, compared to $205 for the 250 Ohm Pro version and $292 for the 250 Ohm Premium livery.

The link I provided above should help you access the relative value to you of the 250 vs. 600 Ohm versions.

I was actually wondering why there was such a large price tag on the premium version compared to the pro versions and the reasons why I should pick the Pro/Premium version.

Thanks KG Jag

I makes little sense to most customers.  I suppose to comes down to asking Beyer to explain the reason for its pricing.

Jul 8, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #18 of 19
I makes little sense to most customers.  I suppose to comes down to asking Beyer to explain the reason for its pricing.

Much higher MSRP makes people *think* they are getting much more for their money. What a win for Beyer's revenue since the production costs have to be very similar between the different models.

Jul 8, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #19 of 19

Much higher MSRP makes people *think* they are getting much more for their money. What a win for Beyer's revenue since the production costs have to be very similar between the different models.

Of course that must be their product pricing-placement theory.  However, whether they are correct or not is all in the numbers, including the number of lost sales/cannibalization from a 600 Ohm sale if the price spread was lower.

Even harder to explain (and understand) is the often large spread between the Pro and Premium with the same Ohm rating. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back