Upgrade Questions: Arya Stealth, Arya Organic or Meze 109 Pro and DAC/Amp Help
Mar 11, 2024 at 12:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BigJim13

New Head-Fier
I am looking to upgrade my entire headphone system. I currently have the Schiit stack (Magni amd Modi) using my Mac Studio or Macbook to stream through usb. My headphones are 58X Jubilee, Hifiman Sundara and Modhouse Argon. I listen to the Argons when I want to listen to hard rock and the Sundaras for everything else. The 58X’s were my first "serious" headphones and are just there to remind me how good the other two are. The other things I listen to are classic rock, a little jazz, movie soundtracks and a little country.

I think I have over researcched the upgrade and I can’t make a decision. I am looking to get a little more punch than the Sundaras whilte maintaining the detail. I would also like a larger soundstage than any of my current headphones. I know typically some of those traits comes at the expense of the others, but I am still hoping to at least make small improvements to each. Right now I have very little soundstage and I assume my amp and dac have a lot to do with that. My budget is $2k.

The shops near me carry only Grado and Sennheiser. I listened to everything in my budget and didn’t like any of them. The Sennheaisers were too analytical and sterile sounding. The Grados sounded worse than my current headphones to me and didn’t really fit my big head comfortably. I am torn between a few options, none of which I have heard. For headphone I am considering the Arya Organic, Arya Stealth or Meze 109 Pro. If I get the Arya Organic, I will have less to spend on DAC and Amp. I am thinking Chord Mojo 2 with the Arya Organic. The DAC and amp options for the other headphones are Schiit Bifrost 2 and Asgard 3 or Midgard. I’m not an early adopter. I like to buy products that have been out for a while and hopefully worked out any bugs.

If anyone has experience with these headphones, dacs or amps, any advice is appreciated. I know the most likely scenario is that people suggest new options and confuse me even more. I still appreciate it though. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Mar 11, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #2 of 3
I've had the Arya Stealth a few times for the business and hands down the ones I'd pick from any of the 300 I've heard. They need 1.3watts at 32ohm at least and balanced helps with more current. The Topping A70Pro/D70 Pro I just put together is amazing, and my current SMSL SP400/M400 is another winning stack. The value for money though is the Topping E50/L50 which sounds excellent and won't melt down a credit card by comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back