Upgrade or not? I love what I've got...
Jun 3, 2002 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Flasken

Exhibit A in the case FOR a legal drinking age.
I have decided that I don't want to upgrade my headphones. I'm just so sure that what I have is actually the perfect headphone for me. The DT250 makes me enjoy the MUSIC 100%. And i don't want to spend a ****load on the HD600 to find that it's lifeless.

So here's my plan:

When i get a more profitable job I will get the PortaCorda orthe Corda.

Then, if I get money enough to experiment I will most likely try one of the other Beyers like the 770 or that one lini and Jan have praised a lot.

So there you go: I will not buy any sennheiser or akg headphones. Why? I have just realised that i don't want more detail. I hope the 770 will give me a slightly betterversion of the 250.

What do you guys think?? Is it just way too strange that I don´t feel like buying every headphone available in the universe??

Jun 3, 2002 at 3:05 PM Post #2 of 26
I don't want to really upgrade either. And I hope you stick to your plan. And spend the money you save on music [NOT ON ALCOHOL!]
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 3, 2002 at 5:03 PM Post #3 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by legoman
[NOT ON ALCOHOL!]
evil_smiley.gif

GOD DAMN IT, YOU PEOPLE HAVE GOT TO GIVE ME A MOTHER****ING BREAK!!!!!

biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Jun 3, 2002 at 5:10 PM Post #4 of 26
You know what they say about first impressions....

Also, a custom title has to be earned. Through countless, neverending references to the event that inspired the title...

evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2002 at 7:36 PM Post #6 of 26
If you are happy with what you have, do NOT upgrade! this hobby is about enjoying things, and if you are currently enjoying things, then it has been a success.

Rampant, mindless consumerism is NOT what this hobby is about. Sure, it gets expensive at times, but its not about MORE MORE MORE SPEND SPEND SPEND, its about enjoyment of music, and the fun of learning new things.

If you find that you want the hd600s, there is nothing wrong with getting them, but if you like your Beyers (and they are great phones), then stick with them, and enjoy your music! I think your modest upgrade plan to get a better amp is very reasonable, and a good idea.

Peace,
phidauex

Jun 3, 2002 at 10:36 PM Post #8 of 26
Originally posted by phidauex:

Quote:

Rampant, mindless consumerism is NOT what this hobby is about.

Mind if I borrow that for my sig?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2002 at 10:39 PM Post #9 of 26
buy CDs dammit, don't even buy the amp, buy CDs! sell your headphones, get the MX500s and buy CDs!! WOOHOO!

(never mind him, he's raving mad)

Jun 3, 2002 at 10:45 PM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken

GOD DAMN IT, YOU PEOPLE HAVE GOT TO GIVE ME A MOTHER****ING BREAK!!!!!

biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

WHY????????????
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Meantime, If You Can Stay Sober Long Enough, ENJOY THE MUSIC!!!!

I've got the HD600's, but I have no overwhelming all consuming desire to upgrade from my TAH, at least until I get some stuff paid for. Then I'll probably stop at a Little with Premium Module.

It's all about MUSIC, NOT EQUIPMENT

I've got other hobbies too. Bass Fishin'.

Jun 3, 2002 at 11:46 PM Post #11 of 26
heres to other hobbies....like LED flashlight collecting....
biggrin.gif

seriously, i just spent $80 american for an aluminum cased white LED flashlight....apparently the best out there...called the ARC-LS....has multi-battery support...very nice....and i used to think that maglite made the best in flashlights...ha....
biggrin.gif

ahhh....mindless raving...

Jun 4, 2002 at 12:38 AM Post #12 of 26
You just saved a boatload of dough!

Congrats!

Welcome to Team Stay-As-You-Are, otherwise known as Team Happy-With-What-You-Got! Your wallet must be very happy!

Excellent decision, well thought out, with plenty of time and room to upgrade! Congrats!

This is otherwise known as satire! And yet, I am serious!

I'm using way too many exclamation points!

Jun 4, 2002 at 12:38 AM Post #13 of 26
i'm still very much a newbie...but.....i've found a new hobby...i got a pair of HD497's which i love....i got an amp (built by tangent)...i like it very much....and....i'm about to upgrade....but my reason is...the 497's are my portable cans (i know they aren't that small but...)....but when i get my new cans and my portable player...i'll be happy and then maybe i wont need to upgrade for a while...just my $0.2 cents......

one random comment....i think head-fi is great...i'm a newbie...but...i feel at home..lol.....besides...who doesn't like everything audio..right....
smily_headphones1.gif

ray

Jun 4, 2002 at 12:53 AM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
You just saved a boatload of dough!

Congrats!

Welcome to Team Stay-As-You-Are, otherwise known as Team Happy-With-What-You-Got! Your wallet must be very happy!

Excellent decision, well thought out, with plenty of time and room to upgrade! Congrats!

This is otherwise known as satire! And yet, I am serious!

I'm using way too many exclamation points!

Perhaps we should invite Kelly to join this thread and offer his congratulations as well.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back