upgrade my sony discman
Dec 9, 2002 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ismala

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I am thinking on upgrade my discman, i am very happy with him, but i want something more new where i could take my mp3 music too.

I don't know if buy a MD recorder or mp3 player (hard disk).

On Mp3 players i could take more music but they are big and more expensive but i think that in many time they will replace the others portable audio technologies including discmans and minidsc.

On the other hand, MD recorders are very small, easy to portable, and people say that offer good sound, but it music has to be transfered to blanks MDs and i hace to take mds disks wiht me.

If i take a MD, it would be a sony with Net MD technology that could me pemit to take my mp3.

I am thinking on MZ-N707 or MZ-N1.
On mp3 player i am thinking on creative archos media 20gb or Ipod (although Ipod seems better is more expensive and i have not fireware port at my PC --> more cost)

What about quality sound? which sound better MD or MP3?

I don't know what to do.
i wish that people say me experiences with 2 technologies and give me advice.

I listen 70% rock, hard-rock, heavy, ... and 30% others like pop, electronic or hip-hop.

My music is 65% on CDs and 35% on mp3.
I have a HD280 pro sennh headphones. Will they go right with MD or mp3 player? will i need and amp?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my poor english but i am from spain

Congratulations for this web and people here, i think is fantastic, we have not something like this here.

Dec 11, 2002 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 4
I can see that people read my post but nobody responds me giving advice.
I don't know if cuestion is not interesting for people, but please i would like that people advice and tell me about experiences with these 2 technologies

Thanks to all the people
I wait your comments

Dec 11, 2002 at 8:10 PM Post #4 of 4
hi ismala,
if you have most of your music in mp3, you should go with the ipod or nomad zen.

high end md units usually have better build quality and dac's than portable cd players or mp3 players. but you have to record your cd's in real time. in comparisons, i think atrac 4.5 or r (which is md) is better sounding than most mp3 schemes.

i use md and am really happy with it. i got some used (good) portables and a great home md deck for less than us$300 total.

if you post a question and nobody answers, it may be the question was recently asked, and you can see the thread by using the search button. i don't know if this was asked, though.

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back