Upgrade My Pioneer XDP-30 DAP
Jul 19, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #3 of 18
Hi, I also had the Pioneer XDP 30. It is a very good and compact DAP. I purchased a used Sony Nw-zx507 at eBay for a very good price. The 507 has only one MircoSD slot, but for my purpose this is sufficient. Currently I use the 507 mainly for streaming (Amazon Music HD) which works quite well. But I have also approx 450 gb of local music on it. For me the 507 - even with EU volume limitation, which is no longer an issue with latest firmware - is the perfect DAP. And Android gives me the opportunity to use other music apps to, which is very helpful sometimes...

Jul 19, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #4 of 18
Hi, I also had the Pioneer XDP 30. It is a very good and compact DAP. I purchased a used Sony Nw-zx507 at eBay for a very good price. The 507 has only one MircoSD slot, but for my purpose this is sufficient. Currently I use the 507 mainly for streaming (Amazon Music HD) which works quite well. But I have also approx 450 gb of local music on it. For me the 507 - even with EU volume limitation, which is no longer an issue with latest firmware - is the perfect DAP. And Android gives me the opportunity to use other music apps to, which is very helpful sometimes...
Thanks, Is the AQ on par or better than the Pio?

bob

Jul 20, 2021 at 4:05 AM Post #7 of 18
And a LOT more money now I see :)
ah... it depends... I got a nearly mint used 507 (not at all any signs of use) for 235 Euros... Thats 35 Euros more as I spent for the Pio XDP 30 two years ago... and this was even a special offer (recommended price was approx. 300 to 350 Euro in Germany). You need some patience...

But for me the ZX507 is really worth it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back