upgrade from xb500 (already read older threads)
Jul 14, 2014 at 8:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

depleted

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Guys, I got my xb500 2 years ago, still rocking them, smooth bassy etc., but I need something more detailed and bright, without loosing too much bass.

My budget is not-very-high (70$?) and I drive them from a macbook and Creative 2.1 set (pretty crappy I know). Mostly I hear high bitrate mp3's (I now picture all of you rolling your eyes).

Anyway, I thought jvc rx700, but I fear they would be pretty dark sounding like the xb500. HTF600 maybe? Too bassy? I then saw these pretty unknown Beyerdynamic DTX710 at 42 euros, I never tried an open design and maybe I could like it, but I don't know how they sound. Is there any Audio Technica that sound good in this price range? Or any Sennheiser (every one of them is pretty ugly and cheap looking, but I know they are good). Oh, and the Creative Aurvana too, maybe.

I don't know, help me =(

thanks!

Jul 16, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #2 of 2
So guys no problem, I kept reading and finally ordered Aurvana. Till the last the DT235 was a good contender, but in the future I plan on buying something more expensive like DT990 so for the time being the Creative would be a good all-around cans, and I can postpone "hi-fi" flatter sound. I hope so at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back