Upgrade from x11
Dec 19, 2012 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ChrisFIsh

New Head-Fier
I have had x11's for quite a while now, but they have finally started to crackle and it is time to upgrade. I have done extensive research and I would like to purchase quality headphones in the $100 budget range. I play games (all types), movies, music, etc. I am not looking for headphones tailored to specific activities, although I would perfer headphones with enough bass to rattle my head. I have ruled out the HD555's because of this and am leaning more torward the M50's. Im not an audiophile and I'm sure any headset I purchase will blow me away since I am used to mid-grade audio (hence the x11's). Every headphone/headset I have read reviews on all seem to have an exact balance of bad and good reviews which is making it hard. I would perfer headphones since I have figured out by now it is the way to go, and ontop of that I do not mind chopping up a 5 dollar head set and velcrow-ing the boom mic onto one of the cans. I am posting this to gain assurance that I am heading in the right direction, and if not tell me or refer me to another set. Thanks! 

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
I have had x11's for quite a while now, but they have finally started to crackle and it is time to upgrade. I have done extensive research and I would like to purchase quality headphones in the $100 budget range. I play games (all types), movies, music, etc. I am not looking for headphones tailored to specific activities, although I would perfer headphones with enough bass to rattle my head. I have ruled out the HD555's because of this and am leaning more torward the M50's. Im not an audiophile and I'm sure any headset I purchase will blow me away since I am used to mid-grade audio (hence the x11's). Every headphone/headset I have read reviews on all seem to have an exact balance of bad and good reviews which is making it hard. I would perfer headphones since I have figured out by now it is the way to go, and ontop of that I do not mind chopping up a 5 dollar head set and velcrow-ing the boom mic onto one of the cans. I am posting this to gain assurance that I am heading in the right direction, and if not tell me or refer me to another set. Thanks! 

From what I understand, ATH-M50s are good for music, but are not great for surround sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back