Upgrade from UM30 Pro Budget of under $1000
Mar 29, 2016 at 12:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

matto

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all, I've been away from these forums for a very very long time and I'm definitely not in the loop with all the newest IEM's and what not. 

I'd like your opinions on whether I should get another universal or go for customs this time around. If so what do you guys recommend? So far for universals I've had a look at a second hand EM6, Um50 pro, or SE846.

Sound I'm looking for is something that's much more detailed, better separation, mids as good or if not better and HARDER hitting bass, but not muddy. I tried on some JH customs I think it was the 10x something and it left a lot to be desired in regards to my UM30's. 

Any input would be much appreciated. Thank you! 

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 2
W60? 

You will get more width and depth, extended highs and bass, more details...could be a good option.
I personally still not able to stay with one or another. UM Pro 30 to me sounds faster and more neutral than the big brother.
W60 on some bass heavy tracks could be tiresome since it also has a slight lift in the upper-bass area. But it has "HARDER hitting bass" for sure with 2 dedicated BA drivers for lows..

I personally do not like the 846. Too much frowarded mids for my taste and I don't care much about the vocal.
After the UM pro 30 the westone family should be closer than shure. 

S-EM6 is very dark and bassy. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back