Upgrade from uDAC...multiple inputs required and PC/Mac support
May 23, 2010 at 4:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cyberspyder

Caution! Incomplete trades.
About to get a great deal on a Mac G5...always wanted one, so I'm stoked. I also just came in the possession of the Bryston 3B amp and I'm thinking, why not upgrade my DAC as well. I need one with multiple inputs (think optical and USB) that wither is auto-signal sensing, or has a p[physical input selector. Also needs to be supported on both a Mac and a PC, but I may be running Bootcamp or whatever that's called on the Mac, who knows
wink.gif
. Whats a good step up from the uDAC? Or should I stick with it? Also needs to have a headphone amp because I'm still not convinced I need a dedicated one yet LOL. (I know, BLASPHEMY!). Lastly...must look pretty noice...like a Grace m902, or a bel-Canto etc, etc.

That's all!

Brendan

May 25, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #2 of 3
Just a couple of things to point out - you can't run bootcamp on a G5.  They run a different kind of processors so it can't run windows.  Also note that they have toslink/optical/spdif what have you which is OS independent.  If you get a DAC with optical in it'll work just fine with the Mac.  Hope this helps!

May 25, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah, I forgot to modify the post after I found out LOL...oh well, not a big killjoy. Never used one much before so it'll be a fun experience. Are there any DACs that also have a preamp function other than the Benchmark DAC1 PRE and the Grace m902? I was leaning towards those two because I just took possession of two monoblock amps for my speakers but not a preamp lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back