Upgrade from Triple.fi?
Jan 20, 2009 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Superpang

Head-Fier
Hey,

I have had my Triple.fi for about 6 months.. and I really like the brightness from these earphones.. I want to ask.., what is the next step I should take? I recently bought the W3 but.. it is a bit more warm than I like.

Any suggestion would be great.

Thanks.

Jan 20, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #2 of 10
If you want to upgrade to yet another IEM, custom seems the way to go.

UE10 UE11 and the new Wesone ES3x all win praises.
yet they are pretty expensive.

Jan 20, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #3 of 10
From my experience, no other (universal) IEM sounds like the triple.fi. I do miss certain qualities of it (I sold mine awhile ago), and it is the best suited for raw rock, but its own sound signature is so unrefined (one could say grainy) that I had to give it up.

Where was I...yeah, I'm guessing that you'll probably want to save up for a custom IEM at this rate.

Jan 20, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From my experience, no other (universal) IEM sounds like the triple.fi. I do miss certain qualities of it (I sold mine awhile ago), and it is the best suited for raw rock, but its own sound signature is so unrefined (one could say grainy) that I had to give it up.

Where was I...yeah, I'm guessing that you'll probably want to save up for a custom IEM at this rate.

Yeah I really do enjoy the raw and grainy sound of the Triple.fi..... sometimes it a bit too much.. but it really awesome when it is just the right amount.

I guess I have to wait until either UE release another Universal or buy Customs... Which Custom would people recommend regards to a more refined Triple.Fi sound signature? The UE10, UE11 or the new ES3x? (Other outputs would be great as well)

Thank you so far for all the contributors!
smile.gif

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #6 of 10
I just did the same thing - owning a TF10pro and bought W3.

For me it's an upgrade on comfort instead of SQ and I still rate TF10pro over W3.

I think I will wait for new comers before going for a Customs. They are far more expensive and you can never try out unless you buy it. I can't take that kind of risk as somebody said the different in SQ is not that big (compare to price different).

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TheMarchingMule, do u tried cable swap to tame the beast? I meant tf10p.

Naw, I sold them eventually for a Stax setup back at home.
smile.gif

Jan 21, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #9 of 10
always surprises me how some people like the grainy bright sound of the triple fi's. Its positive to see people enjoy different sound signatures from their rigs and more importantly that companies provide the solutions to these diff tastes. Somthing for everyone. personally the triple's were so bright for me it was uncomfortable listening them for any period of time

Jan 21, 2009 at 9:05 AM Post #10 of 10
If you want an upgrade from the Triple.fi, and like the treble and don't like the warmth of the Westone 3 you could consider the Phonak Audeo PFE or the Etymotic ER4 if you don't want a custom IEM.

My Livewires customs would also be a good choice for an upgrade without too much warmth. I liked them better than the Triple.fi which I sold after 2 weeks.

I am going in for new ear impressions next week, and will let you know how the Westone ES3X sound in about 2 weeks. They use a different bass and treble driver and a totally different crossover than the Westone 3...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back