Upgrade from the Shure SRH840, is it the 940's?
Nov 28, 2013 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sony Slave

100+ Head-Fier
I would like to know if you could help me choose the right headphone. As of now I own the 840's, are there any headphones that sound just like them or very similar but better all around? I don't want to go above $300 brand new.

I have also seen members compare the A900X to the 940's, is it possible you guys can elaborate your experiences with both headphones when they are compared. Such as details, mids, treble etc.

I have been climbing my way up the Shure product line starting from the Shure SRH440 I actually liked those a lot, so I think the same will apply for the Shure SRH940's right?

From what I have read and been told, I do not know if the Shure SRH840 and Shure 940 are scalable, some say they scale very well, others say they don't even budge.

My experience is that of a PS3------>Bifrost Uber Via Optical----->Little Dot 1+--------Shure SRH840. I was also using quality files as well.

And it sounded exactly the same when I compared  the setup to my Phillips GoGear Ariaz.  It was massive let down, I was disappointed since  my brother spent so much money on the Little Dot 1+ and  Schiit Bifrost.

Can you guys help me out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back