Upgrade from the Audioquest NightOwl (closed-back)
Jan 2, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #31 of 35
Thank you very much for your recommendation. I checked the elegia and it is for 349$, what a bargain. I think adorama is US shop so there would be some import taxes, but still it would be for a half of a price of new pair in my country. And its very hard to get some used pair here. This is some serious competitor now.
Very welcome. The $349 is an open box, I bought a new one for $379 last week! They go on sale for $379/$400 every month or so, just check slickdeals (sometimes you need a link, because if you just search their site, they still come up at $599 even if on sale). But if you don't mind the open box, then rock on! Sometimes open box is even better because Focal occasionally has QC issues with drivers, so at least you know the open-box has been tested lol.

Jan 2, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #32 of 35
Thank you very much for your recommendation. I checked the elegia and it is for 349$, what a bargain. I think adorama is US shop so there would be some import taxes, but still it would be for a half of a price of new pair in my country. And its very hard to get some used pair here. This is some serious competitor now.

Here's the link to get the Elegias for $379 new if anyone needs it

https://www.adorama.com/fofelegia.html?emailprice=t

Jan 27, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #35 of 35
Interesting thread. I have the same cans. In my case, the headband is disintegrating on the end where it is attached to the wire. I prefer the eggshell leather pads over the suede ones, those last ones are virtually unused... I'm not sure I want to spend 700-800 euros again for a replacement, sub 500 would be ideal I guess. Or should I stretch?

I also own a pair of Fidelio X2's that are falling apart (wife confiscated those), I was thinking of replacing those with Beyerdynamic 880's but the Nightowl's feels a bit more difficult to pick a replacement for (Very high comfort > Closed Back > warm but not V-shaped).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back