Upgrade from SR60i
Jun 23, 2009 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

winwin

100+ Head-Fier
What should i get? MS-1i, ,Q40, M50, SR80i, Ultrasone DJ1 or HFI-780 and why? Any comment would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
smile.gif

Jun 23, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #4 of 13
I can speak for the SR80i. It's a marginal upgrade in sound characteristics. If you really like the SR60i sound, you'll get like sound but a little more refined. If you desire a less "in your face" sound, the MS-1i is a good choice. Let your ears be the judge.

Jun 24, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #5 of 13
.... we need a bit more help here.
Music tastes?
Do you like the SR-60?
Do you want something like the SR-60 only better or do you want something different?

SR225 might be a good upgrade if so

Jun 24, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by nullstring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.... we need a bit more help here.
Music tastes?
Do you like the SR-60?
Do you want something like the SR-60 only better or do you want something different?

SR225 might be a good upgrade if so

The Sr60i are good, I like the sound but the only problem is that it has the same sound signature as the stock IEMs that came with my Gogear. The same amount of detail, the same amount of bass but the IEMs have a bit more treble. I'd like to have something with more bass and better details than the SR60i. It has almost 100hours of burn in on them, is that enough to bring out its sound?

Jun 24, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaphoenix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can speak for the SR80i. It's a marginal upgrade in sound characteristics. If you really like the SR60i sound, you'll get like sound but a little more refined. If you desire a less "in your face" sound, the MS-1i is a good choice. Let your ears be the judge.

Which one would have more bass?

Jun 25, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #9 of 13
You left out something important. What kind of music are you listening to? Unless you already have particularly brand biases, that's probably the biggest factor in choosing a pair of headphones in any given price range.

Jun 25, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #10 of 13
I listen to almost every genre but mostly on rock and songs from limpbizkit, rage against the machine, boys like girls, and some lil wayne songs as well... Well, I guess u get my genre.

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #11 of 13
Whatever you decide, it depends on your budget. But IMHO, to upgrade one level up like from SR60 to 80, its not worthit because the difference will be quite subtle. You need to upgrade to a phone at least 2 or preferably 4 level above your current phones then you will enjoy it for a longer period.......

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #12 of 13
As allready said the upgrade from sr60s to sr80s isnt a good choice - Rather go for SR225 that will be an improvement or if you have some fun modding arround add some wooden cups to your grados and you will have a complete different sound signature
smily_headphones1.gif

edit/ ms1s would be basicaly an upgrade to a sr125 - which isnt worth imo

and the ultrasones are indeed bassy phones as I've heard them - but you should listen to them before buying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back