Upgrade from Sony MDR-EX90
May 26, 2010 at 11:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Sambo27

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

I'm new here and it certainly seems like the place to be for the best advice.

I'm currently looking for some suggestions on suitable upgrades from the Sony MDR-EX90's with a maximum price of around £150. I have had them about a year and generally i've been happy with the sound when used with my NWZ 818 player. Recently I switched to using an IPhone 3GS as my player and I have noticed the bass is not quite as deep so I guess i'm looking for some new phones to make up the difference.

I think my preference when it comes to sound is warmer and more bass heavy but don't get me wrong overall detail is equally as important!

I have trawled through so many reviews of different options and I do have a kind of a short list in mind but I'm still open to suggestions. Some of the ones I have looked at are below.

UE 700
UE Superfi.5vi
Etymotic HF2
Shure SE310
Shure SE420
Klipsch Custom 3
Phonak Audeo PFE 2
Denon

AH - C551
AH - C751

AH - C710

Any advice would be greatly appreciated cheers.

May 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #2 of 2

Quote:
Hi there,

I'm new here and it certainly seems like the place to be for the best advice.

I'm currently looking for some suggestions on suitable upgrades from the Sony MDR-EX90's with a maximum price of around £150. I have had them about a year and generally i've been happy with the sound when used with my NWZ 818 player. Recently I switched to using an IPhone 3GS as my player and I have noticed the bass is not quite as deep so I guess i'm looking for some new phones to make up the difference.

I think my preference when it comes to sound is warmer and more bass heavy but don't get me wrong overall detail is equally as important!

I have trawled through so many reviews of different options and I do have a kind of a short list in mind but I'm still open to suggestions. Some of the ones I have looked at are below.

UE 700
UE Superfi.5vi
Etymotic HF2
Shure SE310
Shure SE420
Klipsch Custom 3
Phonak Audeo PFE 2
Denon

AH - C551
AH - C751
AH - C710

Any advice would be greatly appreciated cheers.

Are you sure?

Have a look at my sig :)

Some suggestions: Hippo VB, FX500, FX700, Radius DDM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back