upgrade from shure e2cs
Jun 7, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #16 of 33
E4gs arrived yesterday, and I am very pleased with them so far. I listened to them for a while, then switched back to e2cs and there is such a difference in the mids it's unbelievable. Thanks for the responses, I am very pleased

Jun 7, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #17 of 33
I'm looking to buy my first pair of IEMs with a budget of £120 - £150, so this thread is ideal for me as I know zip anout IEMs.

I was looking at Bogalog's E4C-G at £100 and was wondering what the differences are compared to the standard E4C?

What IEMs would you guys recommend that'll have a SQ signature like the DT880?

£150 is a lot of money to spend so I don't want to buy the 'wrong' ones...

Jun 7, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #19 of 33
The E4G is exactly the same model, but with a shorter cable by about 6 inches, and black in colour. I would very much recommend the E4C, but I have had no experience with the DT880, so cant really help with your 2nd question.

Jun 7, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by bogalog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The E4G is exactly the same model, but with a shorter cable by about 6 inches, and black in colour. I would very much recommend the E4C, but I have had no experience with the DT880, so cant really help with your 2nd question.

Are you serious, those six inches is worth £50!!
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #21 of 33
Shure SE310 would be what I would say... I have recently picked up a pair and absolutely LOVE them. They have great responce and are, in my opinion, far more comfortable than my e2c's were.

Especially since they can be placed in your ear quite comfortably either looping over the back or just straight in. That made me VERY happy for times at work.

Jun 9, 2007 at 11:35 AM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Hey Bogalog, can you tell me how long your cable is please. I'm about to buy the E4C-G as it's about £50 cheaper than the standard E4C, but I need to know that the cable is not too short that it's a problem when I'm out and about....

Jun 12, 2007 at 11:39 AM Post #24 of 33
Ok, I'm very happy with my e4gs, and have found the foam sleeves to be the most comfortable.
I'm interested in the new dark coloured foam sleeves that come with the SE series, and would like to support the forum by ordering from a sponsor of the site. I tried looking on the shure site via the link on the right, and found the accessories stockist advancedmp3players.co.uk, but they didnt have the tips I want.
So can anyone tell me which of the sponsors of the site, if any, stock the dark foamies, and would deliver to the UK?

Jun 12, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #25 of 33
i've been abusing my ears with the shures e4's for a while now. Absolutely no complaints with the quality of the product, nor with the sound that they push out.

As to the cable length, a friend of mine has my e4cs and now i'm using his e4g's and the cable is the exact same length! The sound is identical as well. No difference between the LX and the GT models on those phones! (car humor! disclaimer: Shure have not sold LX nor GT model phones that i'm aware of, please don't PM me about it, its a car model reference...)

I abused a pair of Shure e2s before the e4s and i'm enthralled with the improvement to the sound the 4's provide. I'm luck enough not to have had issues with the cables of either pairs.

With the new models that sHure has put out, the prices on all the "old stuff" is falling.

I've played with a lot of different sleeves to get the best sound and the best fit. So far, after being a huge advocate of "rolling your own sleeves" i'm stuck on the Medium sized new shure black foamies.

I use mine straight out of the headphone jack, just like Steve Jobs intended.

I think if you're in the market for e4s, the are arguably the best you can get for the money. Splurge on the black foamies. Plug in and enjoy.

Jun 13, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

frown.gif

"PLEASE NOTE: You must keep your receipt showing proof of purchase to guarantee your warranty."
"You should retain proof of purchase to validate the purchase date and return it with any warranty claim."
I dont have a receipt because i bought them off ebay.
Also, i cant find how to work out when they were bought, but the code on them is 0936

You should definitely send them in. They will ship you a brand new one in a new box and everything. If your code is 0936 then that means it was made on the 93 day of 2006. That means its still covered in the warranty. Just send them in a small padded envelope. You don't even need to send all the stuff that came with it, just the earphones.

Jun 13, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #28 of 33
Low fidelity, where did you buy your black foamies from? Just trying to find the best place to buy them
ill email them then coolpepper, and see what they say, though to be honest, after listening to my e4gs, i dont really like to use my e2cs anymore.
e4 is the "pro" version of the e4c, it is exactly the same as the e4c (consumer), except the colour, the e4 is grey, and the e4c is white (or black)

Jun 14, 2007 at 1:32 AM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Low fidelity, where did you buy your black foamies from? Just trying to find the best place to buy them
ill email them then coolpepper, and see what they say, though to be honest, after listening to my e4gs, i dont really like to use my e2cs anymore.
e4 is the "pro" version of the e4c, it is exactly the same as the e4c (consumer), except the colour, the e4 is grey, and the e4c is white (or black)

You could always sell the brand new warrantied e2c on ebay. Don't let them go to waist. Don't throw them away. BTW if you are thinking about throwing them away you could always send them to me instead.
eggosmile.gif
lol

Jun 14, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #30 of 33
A friend of mine bought a pair of the e2s (his were all black, does that make them G's? Mine were C's and had clear bodies) and he lost his reciept. He had problem with his cords around the top of the ears as well and was a bit disgruntled about the whole ordeal.

After much urging and prodding, he finally called Shure and told them he hadn't a clue where his reciept would be but he wasn't happy about the cords on his phones.

The Shure rep asked for the date code on the plug and said he still had time on his warranty.

He sent them in and they sent him a new pair. He had them in his hands in less than a week, and that was around christmas time.

Everytime I hear about a problem with a shure product, I usually hear a good story about their great customer service.

As for the black foamies, I bought them from one of Headfi's sponsors, Earphone Solutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back