Upgrade from Shure E2C's under $100?
Jul 11, 2008 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tripLe

New Head-Fier
First post here at Head-Fi.

But yeah, so I've had a pair of Shure E2C's that I've been using for over a year now, and the cables have just started to crack at the part where it curves over your ear, and so it seems like a good "reason" to upgrade. Erm, I'm not really an audiophile... yet, so pardon my newbieness when it comes to these things. I'm looking for a pair of EIM's for around $100, I can maybe push that budget a little bit, but I'd rather spend less than $100. I mainly listen to various types of rock, but mostly the heavier stuff, i.e. post-hardcore, post-rock, punk, metalcore, etc. So I'd like EIM's that would focus on that.

Thanks!

Jul 14, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the recommendations. I've been doing some research and I've narrowed it down to these three.

Westone UM1: $79.98 shipped
Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 3: $53.99 shipped
Shure SE210: $87.98 shipped

All of these are from eBay and with the live.com 20% cashback promo. I'm leaning towards UE3's because of the replaceable cable, which I've had a long history of ripping those things apart. I kind of don't want to get the Shure's just cause my E2C's cables are ripping at the part where the cable curves over the ear, and I'm scared the SE210 will do the same.

I've recently been digging more heavier rock/post-hardcore, specifically 'Story of the Year', which I think mainly focuses on the mids, aside from the treble solo's. But yeah, how is the UE3's for this type of music? And is the UE5 worth twice as much as the UE3, with the live.com 20% cashback, the lowest one I can find on eBay is $139.18.

Thanks.

Jul 14, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #4 of 4
Can you give more detail on how to use the live.com 20% cashback?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back