Upgrade from RP-21
Apr 17, 2009 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

flexium

100+ Head-Fier
I have listened to RP-21 for maybe a year now or half a year. I was very happy with the bass and clarity of these cans. But recently, I noticed the soundstage is getting very small. Maybe my ears are getting better or something lol...

Anyway, I want to buy new cans. I am not a audiophile but I can probably discuss the sound when compared the sound from mylarone x3i and RP-21 since I still have those two.

In the next pair of headphones, I am looking for open headphones that leaky. Like if a person is 5 feet away, they won't hear my music.
If that's not possible, I probably will keep looking for closed phones.

Budget: $300

Currently: Senn 595 is my best option I have seen because all the other cans need amps to drive.

For closed(if open will be too leaky): HFI-780 is my next best upgrade
D2000 also looks good.

I am looking for bigger sound stage and much better mids and high.
Edited: Forgot to mention I want the phones around the ear..RP-21 is very comfortable for me

Also, I don't plan on buying amps so any cans that needs amps to drive, I won't be able to hear the full sound.

Apr 18, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #3 of 4
If you like bass with authority, the HFI-780 are a great choice. They have bass in both quantity and quality, and have a very clear and forward sound. I have a pair and I'm very happy with them.

Apr 18, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #4 of 4
within 5 feet, would people will hear my senn 595 playing a normal listening level?

HFI-780 looks like a good choice to me too. This is probably my last closed headphones thats why I want these cans to be very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back