Upgrade from RME Adi-2 Pro FS?
Dec 28, 2022 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

wagninger

Member of the Trade: Level Audio (Italy)
Hey all,

Currently I mostly use a 2020 Utopia, having been on the headphone upgrade path for 3 years now. I think I'm done chasing after more headphones, but now I'm wondering:
Would an external amp, still connected to the RME as a DAC, make sense - and if so, which one would you choose? I briefly tried a Violectric HPA V200, which was warmer but not necessarily better, and a Feliks Audio Euforia, which was hit or miss with a mix of planars and dynamics.

Now... for the same kind of convenience at a higher level, I would almost need to buy something like the Feliks Audio Envy or, on the SS side, a Zähl HM1 it seems - or which device, amp or dac/amp, would be a solid upgrade?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #2 of 9
I wanted balanced output so I went with a Schiit Magnius.

Dec 28, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #4 of 9
No difference sonically. But then again, I'm seventy-two years old.😄

Dec 31, 2022 at 1:47 AM Post #5 of 9
Depends on where you intend to go with your system. RME ADI-2 DAC/ Pro with Utopia is already a solid pairing. But if you have upgrade-itis, upgrades specific for the Utopia could be the ECP DSHA3F, similarly, Feliks Audio Euforia for tubes.

Zähl HM1 is probably a good choice regardless.

Dec 31, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #6 of 9
Depends on where you intend to go with your system. RME ADI-2 DAC/ Pro with Utopia is already a solid pairing. But if you have upgrade-itis, upgrades specific for the Utopia could be the ECP DSHA3F, similarly, Feliks Audio Euforia for tubes.

Zähl HM1 is probably a good choice regardless.
The Zähl HM-1 again..
Well, I’m a poor part-time worker at the moment, but in the process of starting my own company (selling Hi-Fi gear, heyooo!) - so hopefully that’ll generate some funds 🤞

Mar 6, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #7 of 9
Hey everybody.
Is it possible to attenuate the volume of the AES output of RME ADI 2 pro fs ?

PS : I want to use two of the analog outputs for my analog gear and the other one for the monitors, and the AES out for another set of monitors that are fed digitally.

Thanks

Mar 7, 2024 at 6:36 AM Post #8 of 9
Hey everybody.
Is it possible to attenuate the volume of the AES output of RME ADI 2 pro fs ?

PS : I want to use two of the analog outputs for my analog gear and the other one for the monitors, and the AES out for another set of monitors that are fed digitally.

Thanks
I just had a look on my 2/4 pro SE and couldnt see a way to do it separately for just the AES, at least not from the unit itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back