Upgrade from Mylarone x3i(RUBY) :D
Sep 21, 2009 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

flexium

100+ Head-Fier
Is Klipsch Image X5 at $150 at steal at B&H?

I am looking for an upgrade from mylarone x3i. They have served me well but they are not comfortable enough for me.

The source is Zune HD
atsmile.gif

Things I am looking for:
1. Comfort...absolutely comfortable to wear for a long period of time. Best if i can go to sleep in them.
When I yawn, or laugh, are canal phones supposed to fall out?? I would like to avoid that situation because mylarone has been doing that to me, really annoying
mad.gif

2. Less isolation is better....When I am walking, I want to hear my surrounding too for safety reason.
3. overall sound upgrade...clear, detailed sound without a bloated bass. I like classical but I use it for movie and games too. I enjoy a wide soundstage. I also listen to jason mraz, taylor swift, akon, mariah carey....so all rounder sound is good.
4. I would like to minimize microphonic please.
5. Under $200 maybe a little more if needed

Note: This is not limited to canal phone or iem...But I don't want cans with headband either.

Any suggestion is welcome. So far i am looking at IE6,7. SE 530. Not sure what I should pick.
confused_face(1).gif

Sep 28, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

When I yawn, or laugh, are canal phones supposed to fall out??

Wow, no. Check the tips on those.

Stretch your budget to a secondhand SE530--$250 give or take. The RE0 is also good, but not quite as good as the Shures, especially on the low end. At $100, though, unbeatable.

I have the Custom 2s, and if the 3s are anything like them, comfort and fit will be major issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back